Monday, September 20, 2021
Tuesday, September 7, 2021
Kline Academy as some Exciting News...
We have been published!
Living Brentwood Magazine
September 2021 issue
Kline Academy of Fine Art
Art classes for adults, teens and tweens - taught by exhibiting artists
Read about Kline Academy founder
Cheryl Kline and her artistic journey with
Kline Academy of Fine Art.
"Often students aspiring to be artists
know what they want to do, but don't know or have the skills to achieve it... For students who attend the Academy, Cheryl says, The sky's the limit."
Tuesday, March 23, 2021
Professor / Instructor Rey Bustos' newest book is now available!
"Rey's Anatomy: Figurative Art Lessons From the Classroom"
Thursday, December 10, 2020
Moved by Music, 8 x 5 inches, pastel on sanded paper, paired with a Haiku poem by Yosa Buson, seventeenth century Japanese poet and painter.
H A I K U: Poetry and Pastel
Anne Allen, North Carolina
The Artist’s Workshop, a weekly zoom classroom with founder and owner Cheryl Kline, was the driving force for Anne Allen to develop a collection of small works based on the imagery in Japanese woodblock prints. Following a talk on symbolism in art, Cheryl asked why I thought Asian-inspired imagery was appearing in my artworks. “What is your story as an artist? What are you trying to communicate with your art?” Moved by Music, a poetic landscape in pastel, charcoal, and alcohol wash is the first artwork is Anne’s new collection, named H A I K U: Poetry and Pastel.
Japanese woodblock prints and illustrations flourished in seventeenth century Edo as Tokyo was called. Between weekly classes, Anne studied the art and culture of Japan and viewed Van Gogh & Japan, a British film produced by Exhibitions on Screen. “Colorful Japanese prints were often paired with poetry. Each pastel painting in the new collection is paired with a poem.” The pastels are showing at BlackBird Frame & Art, Asheville, NC.
Anne Allen lives in the Appalachian region of Western North Carolina and serves on the board of the Appalachian Pastel Society, NC. She is a member of the International Association of Pastel Societies (IAPS). Anne participates in Kline Academy’s weekly critique and virtual presentation every Thursday at 11 a.m.
H A I K U
Blossoms at night,
and the faces of people
moved by music.
- Yosa Buson
Monday, July 20, 2020
The Art Renewal Center's
14th Virtual ARC Salon Exhibit
This is a huge achievement for the Representational Art Movement! Having an organization like Sotheby's host an event like this for Contemporary Realist Art says a lot about the growth of this movement.
The Art Renewal Center's 14th Virtual ARC Salon Exhibition is now live at Sothebys.com
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
It's been more than two weeks since we postponed classes and workshops. I was hoping this would be over soon... But it looks like we should take at the very least another month or maybe more to start getting back to life again.
That being said, we will not be meeting until mayor Garcetti eases the restriction. We will send you an update about when to resume your class and workshop as soon as we hear from him, and in the meantime if you have any questions, feel free to email Juri at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cheryl at 310-927-2436.
Monday, March 16, 2020
Most of our instructors will be available for private in-studio lessons or critiques. Limited to a maximum of 2 people per session at the private class rate. (If you want to help these artists keep afloat and pay their bills, please schedule a session with them.)
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- We sanitize all surfaces after every class
- We provide free of charge, disposable gloves to anyone who wants them
- All instructors are required to wear disposable gloves while teaching
- Hand sanitizer in the studio for anyone to use at anytime
- An extended make-up policy for anyone who feels sick - If you wake up and feel ill, CALL US at 310-927-2436 or 310-837-7194 and STAY HOME. We will work with you to figure out a make-up plan.
- Skype or Facetime us if you do get sick. Let’s say you do get a bad flu or God forbid the coronavirus and need to stay home, I will personally skype with you for a private session in lieu of your missed class. That is assuming you are up for an art lesson in your home on your computer. I will work with you for 45 minutes on your own project so will not miss a class and be comfortable in your own home. Email at email@example.com for more information on this.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow
Thursday, March 5, 2020
Kline Academy Student Jessica Bellamy to be in
from March 10 to March 14, 2020.
Windsor Hills, CA 90043
Join Jessica for a reception on the closing night of Parallel Realities and Unpopular Truths, a group exhibition with Superposition Gallery. She will have three pieces in this show which features seven artists from Los Angeles and New York. She would love to see you there!