Thursday, November 21, 2019

New Video Alert! William Neukomm - Beginning Drawing Foundation Instructor at Kline Academy of Fine Art

It all starts with drawing...

William Neukomm
Beginning Drawing Foundation Instructor 


William Neukomm is a modern, realist painter. William is a professional, exhibiting artist who has won numerous awards. 

He has an impressive education in the arts: a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Kansas City Art Institute, A Diploma in both Drawing and Painting from the Florence Academy of Art and a Master of Fine Arts from Laguna College of Art and Design. 

"I believe that the use of representational imagery is the best way to communicate specific visual information. The concept is simple, but not easy. It requires mastery. By rooting my work in the European tradition, I am able to address complex themes in an accessible manner. Mimesis, however, is not sufficient. I strive to make art that builds upon the virtuosity of the past while also being unabashedly modern and distinctly American. My current work focuses on exalting the domestic scene. As a father I have an excuse to play and to relive the joy and pain of childhood. Being a parent also prompts me to tap into my own fears as I attempt to shield my children from negative experiences.”








Experience Florence Academy drawing methods with William HERE...

No comments: